Safari Cant Find Server

Reaction score
This is what happens; i type in a URL of my favourite website. Then this thing comes out saying Safari Cant Find Server. I know that the URL isnt wrong and that the website exists. :[ So does anyone know how to solve this?

C

chas_m

Need lots more info in order to help you troubleshoot, such as:

Mac Model? OS X version? Version of Safari? What happens if you try a different browser? Does email and other non-browser Internet stuff work correctly?

etc etc.

OP
Z
Reaction score
this computer:
MacBook Pro OS X version 10.8.5
Safari:
Version 6.0.5
What happens:
I can't even install because it doesnt take me to the website, it just says 'safari... blah blah'.
Email is going OK.

C

chas_m

Since you are communicating with us on this website, you must be using a browser. Which one is it?

If it's Safari, are you meaning to say that SOME websites (like this one) load fine, but others do not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have any plug-in's installed in Safari .
If yes, can you disable all of them and try again. If that works, enable the plug in's one by one.
Secondly, Do you have the " Develop " Menu available in the menu bar ?
( You can activate that in Safari/Preferences/Advanced )
You can instruct Safari to pretend it is another version / even another browser.
Maybe that is the culprit.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.