Disk Partition choice N/A

Reaction score
I've gotten through Bootcamp and all the way to the windows installation page without too many issues.
When choosing between my four Disk allocation options, I obviously choose the one I just had partitioned into the designated amount of GB I set. When I click on the partition, I go to "Delete", so that I get a fresh partition that windows can install itself on.

This partition was 30GB, which then at the installation page reads out to be 27.9GB.
When I select this Disk, an Attention message comes up:

The recommended free space for installation is 32657MB

When I click "next", a new Attention message appears saying Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup Log files for more information.

No clue where this log is and how to get around this issue. Any advise?

Reaction score
It's complaining that it needs at least 32 gig to install. You only gave it 30.
Personally I give at least 200 gig. That way I have room to install a couple of programs with the system.

OP
G
Reaction score
Oh ye, right. If it's asking for 32 gigs to install, does that mean that the 32 gigs will be taken up immediately? i'd love to allocate more, but i'm using windows for one single program, and I want to keep my computer as Mac as possible.

Another question, is there a way to add GB to already partitioned areas? So I've already asked for 30 and done the partition. How do I add the extra 2GB?

Reaction score
No but it does need space to expand all the compressed files it needs to install.
Which it does all at once.
Best bet would be to start over. Give it at least 50 gigs to do it's thing, swap files and whatnot.

OP
G
Reaction score
If I started again, would the previously partitions be over-written? I just don't want to mess anything up, or start over partitioning stuff.

Reaction score
Starting over means using Bootcamp to delete that partition and creating another.
If you're only running one app have you considered using virtualization? No need to partition and when you're done with it just delete it. It's free even.
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24801/virtualbox

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.