Getting Files from an iPad App to PC

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the Mac Forums so go easy.

I downloaded an App called "Recorder Pro" (a voice-recording app). I used it to do a YouTube commentary, so it is 60 minutes long. Problem is, it's too big to send via Email. There are no other options within the App to send the file or to dump it somewhere else.

My question is; is there any software or programs I could use to try and extract that 60 minute sound file from my iPad and send it to my PC desktop?

I would really appreciate all opinions/advice!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could use a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive or Skydrive. Those (at least the first one) will show up as places to share content when you try to share something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I downloaded an App called "Recorder Pro" (a voice-recording app). I used it to do a YouTube commentary, so it is 60 minutes long. Problem is, it's too big to send via Email. There are no other options within the App to send the file or to dump it somewhere else.

My question is; is there any software or programs I could use to try and extract that 60 minute sound file from my iPad and send it to my PC desktop?

Hello & welcome to the forum! :) I'm assuming that you have been to Recorder Pro Website - if not, then take a look, especially at the FAQs.

First, the recording formats offered seem to be mainly uncompressed audio - not sure if a 'compression' option/conversion is available in the app, e.g. MP3, and not sure if YouTube will accept large uncompressed audio; you may already be aware of their need?

Second, in an FAQ, an iTunes option appears a good choice by simply cabling your iPad to your computer - good luck and let us know if you still have questions or which solution(s) you find. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.