YAHOO MAIL AND PDFs?

Reaction score
i hope this is the right forum. i have Macbook with 10.6.8, firefox 26.0 and Open Office, and yahoo mail trying to send PDF attachment...will not work! have read and done all i can think of...nothing! what is the problem with yahoo? the PDF is 12 MB, not a big deal and won't send.

this is a story to The New Yorker magazine and very specific! thanks for all help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there an error message when you try or they just do not get the PDF attachment? You using Yahoo Mail Web interface?

It could be a size issue although that does not seem that large.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with Dennis. It's probably Yahoo that's removing the PDF attachment. Not sure what Yahoo rules are with regard to attachments as I do not use them as ISP. You might try zipping it and see if it will go through that way.

OP
K
Reaction score
error message is....something like can't send. i do send pix to friends as attachments, but PDF no work. just won't send. using yahoo mail web interface. if i screw around i will not know if TNY even gets my story.

no one is happy with yahoo the last year OR FIREFOX! what can i do better on both fronts? and not google!!! thanks to you both.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was going to suggest Google Mail as I have never had issues with it and Attachments even some pretty decent size.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
and not google!!!
Any particular reason why? Their email service is fantastic, generous and well supported. Chrome is a great browser as well.

Yahoo has a limit of 25MB so you should be okay. Have you tried a different email service?

OP
K
Reaction score
just read that google/chrome had problems. yeah and i'm having problems with yahoo, LOL! okay will try...should i do gmail or chrome? and thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can use both. I use Gmail with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and with a POP email client and have never had one issue.

Quick Note, I joined Gmail when it was still beta. I have never had one issue and never regretted using it.

OP
K
Reaction score
all of you on this forum have always been helpful, professional and kind without a sneering attitude and i and i am sure others appreciate it as well. thank you, kurt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.