Upgrading RAM...

C

CHR15B

Ok, I want to pop a 1GB module into the Mini, won't rob the bank and aparently makes a bit of a difference.

After finding out what RAM I require, I found this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1GB-DDR-1-024...ryZ74942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Problem I have is that it states..

Please note: This memory only works with motherboards that have a SiS or VIA chipsets. Please check your motherboard manual or email us your motherboard model and we will advise.

Will this still work in the Mini, or do I require something else?

Reaction score
I won't say that it will, and I won't say that it won't.

Crucial will, though.

edit: it is probably high density.... high density ram tends to have limited compatibility.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That Crucial stick should work fine. The other may work but it might be cheap ram. I would go with the Crucial. The VIA Sis part is bunk as far as I am concerned, but I would beware just in case. The Mini will work with PC2700 DDR but PC3200 works great also. Go with the Crucial if those are your only choices.

OP
C

CHR15B

That's good thanks I've put a bid in.

I've not started using the Mini yet but I hope the RAM upgrade has been a good choice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.