Rumors of the new iPod video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Hey i was on www.ipodhacks.com and just saw reports for a new iPod video. is this true? because I just got my iPod video as soon as it came out, thinking that Apple would stay put for a year, and four months later a new iPod?

Also, there's a flaw there... if you're constantly touching the virtual screen, fingerprints have always been an iPod problem...

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

these rumors have been going on for so long. I just went out and bought an video ipod to replace my sold 4th generation and am very happy with it.
A few things to point out about this rumored video ipod. it has a full screen that is supposed to be touch screen.... yea that isnt going to work out well its going to get greasy fingerprints and plus the screen is going to scratch. next the rumors basically double the size of the screen so the battery life isnt going to be great. And of course the leading indicator of whats to come.. Apple hasnt sued anyone yet for making this rumor no lawsuit= nothing new lawsuit=rumor guys hit it dead on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i didnt check the link, but they will always be coming out with new and improved ipods several times a year. keeps everything new, new people buying into new ideas, and old people upgrading their stuff instead of using their 3rd gen like i do.
-chris

Reaction score
That's how it will be. But there and then again, Apple put's out "Dummy" iPods like the B/W iPod with Click Wheel which lasted like 10 weeks before the iPod Photo came out. I think they're going to cheese up the video business very soon, allowing you to watch iTMS episodes on your TV, your iPod etc. So a change is in the air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
BlindingLights said:

They just need to add a kick-stand so you can prop it up on your desk and some Rhino Lining on the back so you have a grip and I'm in :) I don't think that concept of the touch-wheel would work very well because the touchscreen might mis-interpret your finger going around the touch-wheel for a click on the buttons. Cool mockups nonetheless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Biturbo V12 AMG said:
these rumors have been going on for so long. I just went out and bought an video ipod to replace my sold 4th generation and am very happy with it.
A few things to point out about this rumored video ipod. it has a full screen that is supposed to be touch screen.... yea that isnt going to work out well its going to get greasy fingerprints and plus the screen is going to scratch. next the rumors basically double the size of the screen so the battery life isnt going to be great. And of course the leading indicator of whats to come.. Apple hasnt sued anyone yet for making this rumor no lawsuit= nothing new lawsuit=rumor guys hit it dead on.

Nah, they just need to wrap it in an invisibleSHIELD and they'll be all set :) No more fingerprints, smudges, or scratches!

I think that the two key technologies that we really need are (1) batteries with insane life and (2) interactive holographic technology. Long-life batteries would fix so many of the problems plaguing devices today. For example, the Samsung i730 is one of the coolest PDA-phones I've ever laid my hands on. It's got a PDA, a phone, Bluetooth, wifi, EVDO for Internet anywhere, a full keyboard that's actually easy to use, Infrared, etc., etc., etc. Oh, and it's got a wonderfully dismal 1.5 hours of battery life. Holographic technology would make a lot of things possible, and if we could make it interactive, even better. Imagine carrying around a device like a mobiBlu cube that could project 3D icons above it, which you could touch with your finger to trigger applications and files, like email.

Z

zap2

yogi said:
Apple put's out "Dummy" iPods like the B/W iPod with Click Wheel which lasted like 10 weeks before the iPod Photo came out.

Apple real fake out was when they had the 4.5line ,with color screens, and soon after the droped the whole line for 5G

U

UncSki1218

yeah definetly. the bw click wheel was out a while. but the color/photo ipod was out for about a month...maybe 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
that is a good video.. i liked how they did it and i liked the music in the background. It was also cool to watch him make the fake ipod.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
yes, i think he has too much time on his hands, i also like how he made the screen bleed throught the sticker.

Reaction score
Apple will bring out a new iPod soon, and however soon that is, it will be painful for any current video ipod owner, that's jsut a sad fact, because they need to keep they're market aggressive. Apple knows there are those taiwanese companies like cowoon making awesome media players, and apple needs to take up that, just like they took over flash players with the shuffle and the nano.

But I'm not too sure that we'll see any of those iPods next week.

Reaction score
Wow, if these video ipod do come out in the market soon, then I would need to keep up and change mine. It will be costly though. Technology just keeps on growing. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.