Transferring data

Reaction score
I transferred data from my old Mac to my new Mac using an external hard drive. Everything transferred except for 9 months in 2013 of Quicken Essentials data. Any ideas from anyone on how to retrieve that data? I still have my old Mac

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How did you do the transfer? What did you use? If you did it manually, did you copy over the folder? If you used an app, did you perhaps miss the folder with these files?

OP
J
Reaction score
I followed the directions on the Apple support site. I was going to connect the two machines with an Ethernet cable but found that my old cable was faulty. So I backed up ALL the data by USB to an external drive, then connected the external drive to the new Mac, and did a restore.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you use Time Machine to do this or did you copy the files yourself and then simply copy them to your new machine?

OP
J
Reaction score
No. Time machine on my old Mac had stopped working. So I backed up to an external hard drive and restored to my new Mac from that backup drive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As Van pointed out, you probably missed the folder. Note that the Quicken Essentials folder is probably in your User Library under Application Data. Also take note that the User Library folder is hidden by default in Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks.

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay. I will take a look at my backup drive and see if I missed a folder. Thanks for your help everyone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.