• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

.MOV to WMV converter

S

SouRceFaQ

Hello, i am pretty new to mac and i have a power mac and i need a program that will convert my .mov files to wmv.

I mainly use Final Cut Pro for conversions but it doesnt have wmv.

So is there maybe a way to get it to convert to wmv or is there sum other application for mac that will convert to .wmv (actually steaming wmv)?

Also is there a good ftp client program that is like filezilla for windows but for mac???

Anyhelp would be greatly apreciated.

Thx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
OP
M

markasey

This FFMpegx looks great, but I don't see that it converts to .wmv...am I missing something? Figures..the one format I need is not on here :( Any ideas? Thanks, Mark

OP
K

~Kat~

I have Quicktime Pro (with flip4mac which allows me to view WMVs) and when I watch an .MOV file, there's an option to export it to WMV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.