MacBook Pro A1286 Not Turning On

Reaction score
I've tried the SMC reset both ways (pulling the battery and holding the power button for 5 seconds, AND hitting the Control+Option+Left Shift+Power Button). I've reseated the RAM and tested one stick at a time. Still no response when the power button is hit. During the SMC reset the charging light turned green for a second then back to orange, so the buttons seem to be responding but no screen or fans turn on. HELP!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
During the SMC reset the charging light turned green for a second then back to orange, so the buttons seem to be responding but no screen or fans turn on. HELP!

I think that we need to differentiate between:

- not turning on at all (nothing)…no start up sound, no hard drive spinning…nothing.
- and starting up…and not getting anything on the MacBook's display (no light, no images).

So basically are we talking a completely dead computer…or one that works…and just has no video?

* Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.