FYI Re: OSX 9.1 & MS Office (esp. Word)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
EDIT:
OSX is 10.9.1 (not 9.1 like in the title).

I'm just posting this in case there is anybody out there having the same trouble I had.

I finally bit the bullet and installed MS Office on my MBP, because I use it for work and I was just having to many crashes and setbacks on their Windows computer.

At any rate, I kept getting this message after Word had been opened for about 4 hours or so:

After clicking OK on that this one would immediately follow:

I did some research, some on this site and here's what I found that worked for me:
Open Disk Utility and repair permissions on Mac HD. After that was done, I never saw the messages again. Just an FYI in case anyone is experiencing the same problem...

Reaction score
The "disk full" error has been a fairly rare problem in Word/Mac, but it has existed for several versions of Word. Despite the specificity of the error message, it is actually a fairly generic message that can mean a number of things. Usually the problem occurs when a document has too many embedded objects, such as graphics or equations.

One of the most common, and simple, ways to fix the problem is to use File --> Save As to save your files in the ".docx" format rather than the older ".doc" format.

See:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/15271857#15271857

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Great to see you back Randy!!

Reaction score
Great to see you back Randy!!
Thank you Harry!

The truth is that I had a lot of work to do, and dropping in here and answering a few questions was a good way to avoid doing it! :cool:

It was nice to stop in and see you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh well mate you lawyers keep the nose to the grindstone, the back to the wheel and shoulder to the grindstone. Personally do not know how anyone works in that position!!

Reaction score
Personally do not know how anyone works in that position!!

I often wonder myself. :cool:

Using a Macintosh makes things quite a bit easier! As does, believe it or not, Microsoft Word. (See how I brought this back on topic?) Word has lots of features that make writing briefs (essentially term papers that are due every week or so) faster and less of a drudge.

I highly recommend that all Word users take an online course on how to master the program.

Atomic Learning ($100 for 1 year of unlimited access to all tutorials)
(Word 2011 beginning, intermediate and advanced training)
Word 2011 - Intro Training - Atomic Learning
Word 2011 - Intermediate Training - Atomic Learning
Word 2011 - Advanced Training - Atomic Learning

Love your avatar!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My champion Pembroke Corgi Alamosa Bit of a Smasher bred from American champ Bit of a Sports Coat!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.