Share itunes video

Reaction score
I want to purchase a film on iTunes for someone who is not very computer literate. If I give her the video file that I download from iTunes, what will happen when she tries to open it on her machine? Will it somehow connect the file to my account and request my iTunes password before playing it? Will is ask to authorise her machine and link it to my account? I want to understand how this works before purchasing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Straight up. IT won't work, because thats basically stealing in the eyes of iTunes. She needs to be signed into your iTunes Account in iTunes to be able to watch it. In a nutshell thats the only way she will be able to view it.

C

chas_m

Alternatively, you can gift the movie to her (she will need her own iTunes account). That's the route I would recommend.

(thinks some more)

Another option: buy a $10 or $15 iTunes gift card and help her set up an iTunes account. She can use the credit from the iTunes card to rent the movie herself, and buy new iTunes cards whenever she likes from basically anywhere. No credit card needed (which I know is a concern with seniors).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.