iMAC screensaver

Reaction score
Since I downloaded new operating system Maverick, some of my pictures (iPhoto) which I use for my screensaver are blurry. They weren't blurry before! Just some, not all.

C

chas_m

Usually this indicates that the photo image is corrupt or not found and thus the screensaver engine is trying to use the thumbnail and blow it up huge, which of course looks terrible.

Try this: launch iPhone with the command and option keys held down. Check every repair option you see in the resulting dialogue. Let it do its thing, then restart the machine and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

Reaction score
Launch "iPhone"? Think he means iPhoto.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you

Usually this indicates that the photo image is corrupt or not found and thus the screensaver engine is trying to use the thumbnail and blow it up huge, which of course looks terrible.

Try this: launch iPhone with the command and option keys held down. Check every repair option you see in the resulting dialogue. Let it do its thing, then restart the machine and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks so much. I'll try your remedy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.