iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch not showing up in iTunes.

Reaction score
At the moment, neither my iPad mini (iOS 7.0.4) nor my 5th gen iPod touch (iOS 7.0.4) will show up in iTunes (version 11.1.4).

I've ran iTunes Diagnostics, followed Apple's support article about restarting the iPod and Apple Mobile Device services, still cannot get them to show up in iTunes.

The computer OS I'm running is Windows 8.1, and both the iPad and iPod touch show up in Windows Explorer and Device Manager.

Are there any other methods available that I can utilize to fix this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a tough one. If both show up Windows Explorer and Device Manager, they should be picked up by iTunes. I haven't used iTunes in Windows for ages so I can't really help with the options. As a last resort, you can always go to Control Panel Add Remove software, uninstall iTunes and then reinstall.

OP
C
Reaction score
As a last resort, you can always go to Control Panel Add Remove software, uninstall iTunes and then reinstall.

I won't lose my CD-ripped music, or iDevice backups, will I? It's been ages since I last had to reinstall iTunes because of a problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You won't lose the CD ripped music but the backups may well be gone - that I'm not sure of. Before uninstalling iTunes, make a backup of your Windows installation. If you're running Windows via a Boot Camp dual boot, use WinClone. If you're running Windows on a PC use something like Easus, Acronis, or Ghost to make a clone backup.

OP
C
Reaction score
I dunno why I didn't mention this in the original post, but every time I connect either the iPad or the iPod touch through the lightning cables, they keep asking me if I want to Trust This Computer. I keep tapping "Trust" no matter what.

Could this be a driver issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.