Folder Actions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA mid-2013 (10.12.4), iPad 5th gen (10.3.1)
WHY IS THIS NOT A BIG THING!?

About 2 hours ago, I had approximately 100 image files which had some text to be written to a text file. The problem with that thing was, the images were horizontal, meaning I had to turn my head 90 degrees left to read them properly.

I thought "There should be an app for rotating to the right all of the images in the folder". I googled a bit, and it turns out I didn't have to install an app. You just create a folder, right click on it, add a folder action (rotate to right) and bam!

All the images were rotated. I just typed them.

Mac OS has some other folder actions scripts.

I don't know what else I can do with this, but I am on the look for more and if you know some cool thing to do with this, please let me know.

Also there is AppleScript and Automator. If I learn how to write some scripts, I can make the computer tell me how the weather is and then some.

I got the same excitement with the speakable items, but that didn't last long because I use my computer in Turkish and it got complicated. Also, my pronunciation was not good enough for Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It's just like the human brain. I forget the exact percentage of our brain power that we use, but it's quite low. I'm sure my Mac can do all kinds of tricks I don't know about. Heck, my programmable calculator could too, back in the day.

Who knows; maybe it can learn the nuances of your English pronunciation. It is possible to lose an accent too. I know some people for whom English is a second language, but you'd never know it. Your written English is excellent! Aside from some minor punctuation "typos", darn near perfect.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well speakable items were not ideal for me, but this, along with AppleScript could be my favorite thing. I just need to learn how to make some basic scripts.

Thank you for your words about my English :) I appreciate this.

EDIT: Found a script to tell the time and weather. I edited it so that it speaks Turkish. Some of the words are taken from the server, and I have to create a 'switch' statement for it but I don't know the keywords. So, after I figure out that, I have one more cool thing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@mesut:

Please observe our forum descriptions so that you can post your thread in the correct forum. I moved your thread here since it does not belong in the "Lounge" forum.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi chscag,

I thought I was just giving some opinions about how that thing affected me. I intended to post a thread which was appropriate for Lounge, but now I see it is more suitable for this place.

I am sorry.

Now, the thread went a little sideways. So asking again:

Do you guys know any cool automation scripts like folder actions, or another script?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.