Need to share contacts from Mac outlook to PC outlook- need assitance asap

Reaction score
How can I share contacts that are on a Mac laptop using Outlook to a PC computer using Outlook. I logged into the Windows PC and attempted to share the contact and it stated sharing violation. So I need another way to get the contacts from the Mac onto the Pc computer. I need to pull all the stops out to get this resolved so I need some creativity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Export them to a file.

Email the file, copy the file to US or setup a network share.

Once on the PC import the file

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
File location of contacts

I will try the network save. However two things come to mind. First will I have to convert that file from an Apple file format to a Windows file format before the import to the PC. Secondly where is the location of the files that store the Outlook contacts. ( I would need the exact path to the directory location for both Mac and PC.

Lastly will I have access to that folder that contains the contact information or is that stored on the Exchange server or is it locally stored on the computer.

PS Do Macs use usb flash drives because maybe I can put a flash stick in the laptop and copy the contacts on the flash drive instead of uploading them to the network. Also is there a difference if with getting that contact folder if the user is using OWA vs the client installed Outlook :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I will try the network save. However two things come to mind. First will I have to convert that file from an Apple file format to a Windows file format before the import to the PC. Secondly where is the location of the files that store the Outlook contacts. ( I would need the exact path to the directory location for both Mac and PC.
NO. Use the export command in Outlook and it will let you save them to a file (where is up to you) you can then transfer that file over and import. No conversion required

PS Do Macs use usb flash drives because maybe I can put a flash stick in the laptop and copy the contacts on the flash drive instead of uploading them to the network. Also is there a difference if with getting that contact folder if the user is using OWA vs the client installed Outlook :Angry-Tongue:

Yes you can use a usb drive.
Once your contacts are in the Outlook client they'll be visible in OWA

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Where is the import/export option on Mac vs PC and is there another way to find file

I only have a few minutes to get on this persons computer (because they are one of those super busy users that want everything yesterday) and want to be able to extract that file fast. So when I am on the Mac is there a drop down menu that points to the import/export of the contacts and is it the same for the Windows machine

Also is there another way to manually go and get the file.

PS
;DOne other thing do you think the Mac will pick up the usb drive if I once plugged it into a Windows machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For fear of repeating what I've written twice before. ........

The import /export route is the fastest way to exchange contacts across platforms.
Yes the mechanism is identical on both platforms. Under the file menu. But exactly where depends on the outlook version. That's info you haven't shared.

A USB stick can be read on both windows and OSX. I'd recommend you format it as fat32 if you have the time.

Can I suggest you use a popular search engine to double check what I've posted is correct.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.