iphone 4s wi fi problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Hi
My daughters iPhone 4s was working perfectly but now can't find the home wifi. It joins all other wifis except the one at home, it doesn't see the network which I've rebooted and works perfectly with all other devices.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would try restoring the iPhone but make sure you have a backup first. If that does not work try restoring your router. From there I would say that the issue is most likely in the Phone and see about getting the phone either repaired or replaced.

C

chas_m

Did you make any changes to the network, like switching it to 802.11ac, or 5GHz frequency only? If you did, the iPhone will not be able to see either of these.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well if you know the SSID and Password of the network, then when you goto settings>WiFi>Other you can manually put in the name of the Network (the SSID) and the Password and then it should join the home Network.
As well, make sure she has the latest update for whatever iOS version she is running as well. Im pretty sure that the 4s can join either a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network, so there shouldn't be any problems there.

EDIT : just got in before me Chas, but can the 4s see a 5GHz network ?? Not sure as i have the kids on the 2,4 at home and i have the 5GHz network for me, and all my devices, and ATV's

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
wifi

Hi

Thank you for the replies.

Manual input of the wifi name password etc, and it still doesn't see the network.

No changes have been made to the network, we haven't updated to IOS7 as she's reluctant to change but the phone worked perfectly on the same network before on IOS6.

It joins her friends home network and instantly when she goes in to study at University?

The problem is specific to our house network which is running another 4s, an iPhone 5 two MacBooks and an iPad

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem is specific to our house network which is running another 4s, an iPhone 5 two MacBooks and an iPad

An overloaded network perhaps? Try another router if possible as there should be no reason why her iPhone 4s can not connect since it seems to be working OK elsewhere. What happens when you disconnect the other devices and then try her iPhone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.