Magic mouse cursor

Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I've been having problem with the mouse cursor not moving when using email. It works fine in other areas such as Safari, FB...Please let me know what is the problem, or pointing me to the right thread for solutions. Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...Please let me know what is the problem...

I think that you need to tell us more regarding what exactly the problem is. Also...you haven't told us what e-mail program or e-mail website you are having problems with. "E-Mail" is pretty darn generic.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
The mouse cursor does not move when using Mail, when placing the cursor in any area of Mail:Maiboxes, mail contents...I have to use the Up and Down arrows to select the mails I want to read or reply. The cursor works does move when using Safari, FB...THanks for your help.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. You're saying, when you open the Mail app, the cursor can not be moved inside the Mail window?

Or,

2. The cursor can be moved around in the Mail window but the selection does not change when you stop the cursor on a new email?

If the 2nd, you have to actually click to select an email - it does not auto select something only because the cursor stopped moving on top of it.

OP
B
Reaction score
The cursor can move, but the items will not move up or down ie when reading an email, I can't get to the bottom of the mail, and I have to use the up/down arrows. I have this prob only in mail.
I restart the Imac, and it works (the items can be moved by the cursor) for about 5 minutes, then it stops. Thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.