Thinking of buying iSight for my iBook

Reaction score
Hey guys..

DSL has just come to my area ( i know! we live in the stone age here!)

Anyway.... I am getting DSL in the next 3 weeks.

I was considering buying the apple iSight for my iBook G4.
I run panther and I was wondering wouldit be possible to use the iSight in yahoo! messenger, msn messenger and iChat (using aim).

Also has anyone got feedback on how they find the iSight? Picture/sound quality etc.... I'd be interested in hearing from you

thanks

Shane

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
iRock said:
Anyone able to advise?
I can honestly say go for it. Isight is awesome quality i never artyed it uch before. You cant use it with msn for mac it works fine with ichat. However I recentlt tried amsn and found to my joy it works with msn. So now since getting a mac I am finally able to chat with my window user pals via amsn whilst they use msn.

So now I am really excited about getting my mac book pro. Hope taht helps abit dont use yahoo so cant commen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Okay. In spelling and grammar that you understand.

I've heard reports about iSights that it works fine with iChat to iChat users. For AIM, it's worked if the person you are talking to has the latest version. Yahoo--as far as I know, no. MSN, i'm quite sure is a no. Skype and other programs should work great.

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
Pierre said:
Okay. In spelling and grammar that you understand.

I've heard reports about iSights that it works fine with iChat to iChat users. For AIM, it's worked if the person you are talking to has the latest version. Yahoo--as far as I know, no. MSN, i'm quite sure is a no. Skype and other programs should work great.

Actually smarty pants I was typing on my treo. So apologies for mistakes. YES you can use the isight camera with msn!!! But you need to download and use amsn. This allows you to web cam with the rest of the msn users world wide. I am using it at the moment to chat to my wife who is on her vaio laptop. I am using my imac.

Why is that people dont seem to realise this. Being from the Uk there are not that many aim users, mainly all msn. So I am chuffed to bits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
apple_power said:
I can honestly say go for it. Isight is awesome quality i never artyed it uch before. You cant use it with msn for mac it works fine with ichat. However I recentlt tried amsn and found to my joy it works with msn. So now since getting a mac I am finally able to chat with my window user pals via amsn whilst they use msn.

So now I am really excited about getting my mac book pro. Hope taht helps abit dont use yahoo so cant commen.

you're so lucky.
:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
apple_power said:
Actually smarty pants I was typing on my treo. So apologies for mistakes. YES you can use the isight camera with msn!!! But you need to download and use amsn. This allows you to web cam with the rest of the msn users world wide. I am using it at the moment to chat to my wife who is on her vaio laptop. I am using my imac.

Why is that people dont seem to realise this. Being from the Uk there are not that many aim users, mainly all msn. So I am chuffed to bits.

I also recently just hear about aMSN it's a very good client substitue.
it also doesn't uses many system resources, and is much faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.