View pages side by side in Word's Publishing Layout View?

Reaction score
I'm trying to view both pages of a two-page document side by side, but that option seems to be disabled in publishing layout view. This seems counter-intuitive, as I'd expect that to be possible for many publishing management needs.

Any fixes? I'm currently on OS 10.7.5/Word 2008 but I have the same issue at work on Word 2011.

BTW if I picked the wrong category please advise on the appropriate one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You did choose the wrong forum, however, I moved your post to the correct one: "OS X Apps and Games".

As for your question.... I honestly don't know why Microsoft has chosen to not allow multiple pages to be viewed side by side. I just tried this with Word 2011 in Publishing View and it refused to allow me to view pages side by side. In print view I can view pages side by side.

I don't have time right now to create a template and try it that way. Normally, I do not use Word to create our bulletins and flyers because it's limited in what it can do. I use iStudio Publisher instead and that program allows pages to be viewed side by side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.