how to copy movies to dvd

Reaction score
Hello,

iv just had a lil un and have used up 3 external memory cards via my camcorder. Iv inserted the cards via the usb reader and copied them onto my machine.I also want to copy them onto a dvd just incase my computer ever goes pete tong.

Now, iv tried copy - past. dragging. and i cannot seem to get my head around how to copy the movies from my card/computer to my dvd (format is MP4) i can only seem to get the alias version.

ITS DOING MY HEAD INNNNNN!

cheers in advance boys and girls

Vinnie

(Maverics and running 10.9.1)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
In Finder, right click on the folder you copied the files into and select " Burn folder to disc "

Cheers ... McBie

OP
V
Reaction score
cheers for the reply mate. i tried to drag my movies from the user - movies list into a folder on the desktop(thinking that it would just copy them) then when i tried to burn the folder (failed) i moved the folder to trash and deleted. THEN to my horror i realised iv deleted the bloody movies altogether!!!!

iv ran a data recovery software (freebie) that has located them but i now have to pay for the full version. is there any free data recovery software out there?

OP
V
Reaction score
cheers for the reply mate. not massively there just some videos iv taken of my baby and a few random ones. won't be the end of the world as i have loads of other footage.

how come there is free pc recovery programs but not mac?

OP
V
Reaction score
what has happened to the simple way of doing things!!!! on my old naff ibook you could copy and paste and bum - copied images on dvdd/cds/ex hd ext ect

now I'm having issues even bloody copying images from my ipoto library onto a dvd to have as a back up. iv managed o copy on to my ex hd as a backup but after having an ex hd brake a few years ago and all my data lost I'm a bit sceptical now relying on that method alone. WHY o WHY has it all gone digital now, iCloud ect ect back up when all i want to do is copy a blooming image from one place to another! all i get is alias every single time!

I'm proper losing my rag now! why has the simple way of doing things turned so complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE help before i have a nervous brakedown

iv managed to copy the images into a folder on my desktop in the vain hope i could then do - burn folder- but when i do this nothing happens. i then insert a dvd and still nothing. when i then eject the dvd and move the folder of images to trash and empty a message then pops up -

'There are 135 items that can’t be burned because the original items can’t be found. skip the items and continue burning'

Reaction score
Personally I use Toast but most people want 'free'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.