• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Picture of IPOD and Isynce together

Reaction score
Isn't it kind of wierd that there is a picture of an IPOD under the isync devices screenshot towards the bottom of the screen?

does this mean Ipod is going to be used with isync soon and blue tooth?

good thing i didnt get the ipod video just yet..

http://www.apple.com/bluetooth/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No: You used to be able to sync address book and calendar with your iPod via Firewire directly in iSync. That functionality is now performed by iTunes directly.

The picture is simply a demonstration of how you can sync all your different devices with your mac (your music device, phone, palm etc).

Also notice that the iPod pictured is an older generation model.

Reaction score
Yes, older iPods used to sync that way. Newer iPods use a port in iTunes. The iPod will probably never have Bluetooth, it's too slow for transferring music and what else would you want to do with it. When will people understand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
actually, bluetooth would be quite useful so you could have wireless earphones :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
macAttack said:
actually, bluetooth would be quite useful so you could have wireless earphones :)

Bluetooth headphones would cost more and need to be recharged daily.

They also will never have the audio quality of wired headphones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
There are already a number of bluetooth headphones on the market. Most ship with a dongle so that they can be used with most any audio device (including the iPod). Most reviews say that they sound fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
dan828 said:
There are already a number of bluetooth headphones on the market. Most ship with a dongle so that they can be used with most any audio device (including the iPod). Most reviews say that they sound fine.

Not my point. Fine for most people is the pack-in iPod earbuds. But at the same time there's a growing number of people I know who have iPods that don't have a white cord flowing out of the top.

They're also, again, more expensive and would require and extensive recharging system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
and as a result of the future, i'm sure these things could be solved, battery life won't be short forever. BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macAttack said:
BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

That was my point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
yeah i know, but people need to learn more, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
macAttack said:
and as a result of the future, i'm sure these things could be solved, battery life won't be short forever. BTW the ipod earphones that come with the ipod suck. horribly.

See, but even if they made the battery life longer WITH Bluetooth, it will always be significantly longer WITHOUT it. So the battery incentive is always there. And honestly, the iPod earphones are sadly better than many earbud headphones out there, especially for workouts. You don't have to worry about sweating on them or anything. I mean, I'd LOVE a pair of the Shure Exc series, but I wouldn't love to use them only to let them get ruined by sweaty ears, when I can use cheap iPod earbuds for working out, and my wonderful Grado headphones at home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
macAttack said:
Wireless earphones, IMO wouldn't be that good of an idea for the iPod. Although quite feasible, not a great engineering plan. In the long run, it would be more expensive for the customer. Plus as someone else and many others have said in this thread, other forums and even press and tech reviewers have the same thoughts and opinions... The battery life would be horrible. BUT :) wireless and/or blue-tooth data/music/photo/video transfers to the iPod would/could be perfect and possible in the very near future I think.

Again, just my opinion, which is worth nothing to others. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
going back to the connectivity of the iPod, i figured that the next step would be incorporating AirPort into it. Think of the things you could do with that, sync you music, pictures and video onto it wirelessly at high speed, play your tunes in any room with AirTunes speaker systems, maybe even connect to other iPods and share music with other users (although legal complications may prevent that)

There's also the possiblity of making it so the iPod can access the internet and directly download music from the iTunes store. Just needs a bit of software for that surely!

Reaction score
It's near impossible to stuff an Airport card into an iPod. That is simply insane. It would be nice, but until tha happens, we need to use Sonos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7, iBook G4, iPod 5th Gen 30Gb
yogi said:
It's near impossible to stuff an Airport card into an iPod. That is simply insane. It would be nice, but until tha happens, we need to use Sonos.

I've no idea how big an Airport card is, but at the rate technology moves these days I'm pretty sure it could be shrunk. A few years back people would have said that it'd be impossible to fit a 60Gb hard-drive insinde a box thinner than a *** of cigarettes' - yet, it has been done!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
tom_hoyle said:
I've no idea how big an Airport card is, but at the rate technology moves these days I'm pretty sure it could be shrunk. A few years back people would have said that it'd be impossible to fit a 60Gb hard-drive insinde a box thinner than a *** of cigarettes' - yet, it has been done!
I agree totally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
Also, wifi is being put in a lot of newer phones, so the size and battery consumption couldn't need that much work. I think it would be cool if apple could at least make a wifi dock for the ipod because I really never set my computer on my desk, and I hate having to mess with the cord on the ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tom_hoyle said:
going back to the connectivity of the iPod, i figured that the next step would be incorporating AirPort into it. Think of the things you could do with that, sync you music, pictures and video onto it wirelessly at high speed, play your tunes in any room with AirTunes speaker systems, maybe even connect to other iPods and share music with other users (although legal complications may prevent that)

There's also the possiblity of making it so the iPod can access the internet and directly download music from the iTunes store. Just needs a bit of software for that surely!

I will admit, Airport would be nice for those mornings when I'm not yet awake but I need to synch my iPod...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.