problems about my bluetooth keyboard for ipad

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it is my first time of posting about my problems in this forum.

I bought a bluetooth keyboard for my ipad last week. It is very convenient cause I can use it to write the report instead of using the virtual keyboard. However, a few days ago,I found that it couldn't be used in the app which is used to input text.Ive tried to forget the device and connect it again. however, the device was successfully connected. I can use the keyboard in the safari. The case is that, buttons like F1-12 can be used normally when i am operating the text editing app. however, the words i input are shown in the safari but not the app i used to write.

i also connected the keyboard to my iphone and my friend's ipad, it was successfully connected and it can be used in the apps.

I also asked the store about my problems. They guessed that I probably pressed some buttons and locked the keyboard. However, they didnt know what I have input.

The keyboard contains buttons like command,option and control, which can be found in the one sold by apple.

Are there anyone know about how to solve this problem?? I seldom use the keyboard from apple so I dont know the shortcut they used...

Lastly, i am sorry for my poor presentation. Thanks for reading this paragraphs and hope you can help me to solve my problems because I am urgent to hand in the report.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which app are you having difficulty using the keyboard with? I also have a blue tooth keyboard for my iPad (iPad 3 running iOS 7) and it works with every application that I have.

If the keyboard paired correctly and can be used in Safari, it should also work with other apps.

OP
P
Reaction score
it is very strange that all the apps which can input words are totally unsuccessful. Including the one from apple, plaintext, rich notes and even writing the email as well....omg I can just using the one from google in the browser to write my report.....

ps I am also using ipad 3 and running ios7

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible that you have a bad or defective keyboard. My blue tooth keyboard is a rather inexpensive one that I bought from Amazon.com and it works very well for all applications and also Safari.

When you use the keyboard, the virtual keyboard on the iPad 3 should turn off. Did you try pressing the on off switch several times? And also check to see if the batteries were OK?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.