I can't get into my wireless LAN

Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening every one.

Just now I was working on my MacBook Pro with Maverick and in a sudden the Internet connection went off and I needed to plug the Ethernet cable to keep going.

The other 2 desktop PCs are working without problems (one with Windows 8 and the other with Ubuntu Linux) with the same wireless router, just the MacBook did stop.

The Network Diagnostics window keeps spinning on "Scanning" looking for the Network but has been like that for 20 minutes by now with not avail.

I will appreciate if someone can help me to sort out this issue.

With thanks in advance for your kindness,

Tino

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi again.

I did open the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network and Wi-Fi shows "on" but with the status point in yellow meanwhile the Ethernet one is green.

The "Select WiFi network > Scanning" is still spinning.

OP
T
Reaction score
Sorry, I was posting now posting something in other forum and I did put it here. I do apologize

OP
T
Reaction score
Just to let you know that the problem has been resolved. Thank you.

I just switched off the wireless facility, I deleted the actual network and I did set as new network the former one, I did restart the MacBook and it is working.

All the best.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The "Select WiFi network > Scanning" is still spinning.

Run the Apple Hardware Test with your original install recovery DVD if you have one. Sounds like the Airport card in your MBP or the antenna may have gone south. Have you recently performed or had someone else perform maintenance on your machine? Change out a LCD panel for example?

OP
T
Reaction score
Ta chscag,

Thank you for your advice but, as you can read in my last post, I did revolve it.

But I am taking notice of your tip, anyway, just in case that do happens again. Thank you very much.

I will put your tip with the others that I've been collecting from answers on the Forum in the file that I have titled "Enough favor He made you that He did lift your front legs".

All the best.Have a nice one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I know there are a lot of 'since Mavericks xxxxx doesn't work' posts but I've seen this wifi issue on three different Mavericks installs. Including my iMac. I have to turn wifi off then on again to re-connect.

The same wifi hardware is working flawlessly under Windows 7 (bootcamp), as it did with Mountain Lion. It's just in OSX that the issue occurs. Resorted to an ethernet connection until I see the next OSX update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.