Guest User and iCloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I have a MacBookPro with OS 10.9.1. Yesterday, I logged into iCloud, mostly out of curiousity, but while there I installed "Find My Mac". Everything works fine. Except now when I start the computer, two logons appear, my name and "Guest User". Searching the web, I understand that Guest User is somehow necessary to "Find My Mac". OK.

I also read that in Lion (I have Mavericks) on clicking Guest User, "This computer will restart to a secure, Safari-only system for the Guest user. The reboot process is quick and opens directly to Safari, there is no access to anything else. No Finder, no preferences, nothing."

On clicking "Guest User", my laptop opens to a desktop with a populated dock, including Safari but not only Safari, and Finder and, at the Apple icon, Preferences. Has Apple changed the rules since Lion? Or do I need to check off something?

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to the appropriate forum - here. Not a switcher subject, please observe forum descriptions. Thanks.

Your question: Please read through the following article. A bit old but still applies: LINK

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I apologize for posting my question in the wrong forum.

Thank you for the link. It answers my question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.