Burning web files

Reaction score
I am not trying to steal music but I am having difficulty getting some music files onto a playlist on iTunes so I can then send to a CD. They are voice parts for a classical cantata, from a web site which has been sent to us by our choir master. I have never before had any trouble getting music files onto a CD, but maybe as these files originate from the web, is that possibly the problem? Many thanks for reading

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What format are the music files in? In other words, full audio, MP3, etc.?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting the link. The files are in the mp3 format and they do open and play with iTunes OK. However, unless there is some kind of protection built in, you should be able to generate a play list and burn them to a CD. Check with your choir master to find out.

OP
H
Reaction score
Burning to a playlist

Thank you for further info
When I select the file, I get the option to " burn to CD", which I use and it appears to burn to disc okay, but then I find the disc blank! I add the words .mp3.webarchive to the file first. When I open iTunes, I cannot find it anywhere in the library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I add the words .mp3.webarchive

I'm confused about this if you can add a bit more about why you do this.

As a general guide:
1. download the mp3(s)
2. drag mp3(s) into iTunes
3. look in Recently Added playlist to find the mp3(3)
4. Select the mp3s and create a new playlist from the File Menu
5. Burn playlist to CD

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you for reading about my difficulty

I think a window popped up asking me to add the words .mp3.webarchive so I followed its instructions

Looking at your list, I can get as far as dragging the mp3 files into iTunes. I open the music file list using Finder, and as per the Help pages advise, I drag and drop each one onto the iTunes icon at the bottom of the screen. But then it does not appear in iTunes library or anywhere else in iTunes

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think a window popped up asking me to add the words .mp3.webarchive so I followed its instructions

I'm rather confused here regarding just what you're downloading? If a Window popped up asking you to add the extension you stated above, it sounds like you're not downloading the music but possibly the web page or part of it? Which may be the reason it's not working.

I downloaded the music files from that web site as mp3 files and they form a playlist in iTunes without any problem and can be burned to a CD. Just right click on each music file and select download. The file will download as a pure mp3. Create a playlist and burn it. It's that simple.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agreed. Which browser are you using for the download?

To add an mp3 to iTunes either:
A) open Finder and iTunes (showing your music library) side by side then drag the mp3 into iTunes
Or
B) open iTunes, File - add file to library

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.