folder location interrupted

Reaction score
Have had hidden/interrupted folder.
It is on a NTFS-partition I use for OS and Bootcamp.
I think that the problem is a HFS+ problem.
I happened with all the folder which had a slash "/" in their folder name.
So for example I had the folder "test/rand".
Recently it disappeared from finder. In windows I can see the folder as "test:rand",
but it doesn't allow me to open/rename it. It gives the error that the folder location can not be located.

I can see it only within terminal using ls and has the name "test:rand" But i can't access the folder via mv or cp. It gives me a 'no such file or directory'

If i write the folders name half way and let it extend using 'tab', it gives me "test\:rand". using then the command mv shows following:

mv /Users/george/test\:rand /Users/george
mv: rename /Users/george/test:rand: No such file or directory
So, what It does, It finds the folder and extends it to "test\:rand" but then it says that it doesn't exist but without backslash: "test:rand"

if i try mv using "test:rand"
it gives me the same error of not finding such file or directory

how can i access to this folder? it exists, but not, seems

Reaction score
The first mv command probably didn't do anything.
The second one: there is no rename switch for mv: it thinks you were trying to move rename to /Users/george/test:rand and couldn't find rename.
It's possible you borked test:rand with one of those commands.
Mac OS cannot write to a NTFS drive without special software. That's probably why you keep getting 'No such file'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.