NOTES - deleted note in error

Reaction score
I have deleted a note in error and cannot see how I can recover. I tried to recover thro Time Machine but get an error message saying "“Notes.app” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X. As my ipad and iphone are auto synced they have the same situation. Can anyone help please. Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
Go into iTunes > Preferences> Devices and see if there are back ups listed there for your iPad/iPhone. The note may be in there but I think the Notes app publishes straight away so you may have lost it. You might also have an iCloud back up.

Follow this to restore from an iTunes or iCloud backup .iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Notes are stored in "~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Notes/" in a file called "NotesV2.storedata-wal." If you have a Time Machine backup, you can navigate to that folder on your backup and restore that file. Note that though that this will replace your current notes with whatever you had as of the backed up file you restored. In other words, if you restore a Notes datastore from three days ago, any notes you created in the last three days will be gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.