Pulling my hair out! Server 10.5 and PHP GD image support!

Reaction score
Hello,

I know this issue has been a subject around for awhile.. I am well aware their are many subjects online abut how to resolve this.. However, I belive my concern may be a little different.. I am coming from a better understanding of IIS.. I'll get right to the point.

I recently purchased a copy of OSX server 10.5 believing it may be an overall better server for web server / data storage..

Unfortunately I was not aware of the GD php module issue in 10.5 server..

Naturally, I started searching on Google for a resolve to the issue. It appears now many of those documents written are now dated and with many dead download links.. or the commands you use in terminal no longer work or bounce back with errors.. leaving me at a dead stop..

I know one way to fix this would be to download a complete new copy of Apache, PHP, MYSQL.. My only issue with that is I would like to continue using the SERVER ADMIN program.. I would assume with a new copy of Apache, PHP and MYSQL.. It would no longer function with the SERVER ADMIN program? I prefer it do to the GUI it has.. I am not much for command lines and more into GUI workings.

Does anyone know how this GD module issue can be resolved with the current setup in 10.5? So far, I really like the layout of this OS.. yet small issues like these have led me to days of pulling my hair out in frustration!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

What are the specs of your Mac? Leopard is for older PowerPC machines and very early Intels.

OP
M
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

What are the specs of your Mac? Leopard is for older PowerPC machines and very early Intels.

Thanks for the reply!

I am Running it on a Later model 2005 Powermac
PPC Dual 2Ghz
4GB Ram
2.5TB Hard Drives.
Internet 30/5 connection

OP
M
Reaction score
So I got this all running.. Followed a pdf file from helpdesk.com One of the dependence links were dead and had to run the 64bit commands rather than the 32bit..

However, it was a great feeling to get it!

Hard to figure out if I would still prefer Apache over IIS.. I have to say I think I could fly through IIS much fast just using a mouse..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.