Suspicious Email from "Apple"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBP 16 (64GB, 1T HD) OS Big Sur, iPhone 11Pro, Watch 6, Apple TV
First time I've received any email from Apple. I'm not one to open weird stuff, but wondered if anyone else had received anything like this recently. I ask because it arrived in my primary inbox, as opposed to my Junk box. The gist of it is attached - it wouldn't allow me to cut and paste, which is even creepier.

It came from "[email protected]" with the subject "Apple© Your account has been out of date!"

Does anyone know if Apple has a spoof email address to forward these things to? Just curious.

Thanks! Dee

View attachment Apple_Email.pdf

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

That's spam, pure and simple. You'll see this for ALL sorts of accounts from online services like Facebook, Twitter, Apple to your banks and other institutions.

Know that NONE of them proactively scan like this. So if you were to click through the e-mail, you'll be sent to a page that mimics the real Apple sign-on page but is in reality just stealing your information..

What they usually do is to put a front to grab your information and then re-direct you to the REAL page. You think you've mis-typed something and re-enter your information on the real page, it logs you in and you carry on without giving it a second though.

Unfortunately, you've just handed over your credentials to a bunch of hackers/spammers without realizing it..

OP
neesywah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBP 16 (64GB, 1T HD) OS Big Sur, iPhone 11Pro, Watch 6, Apple TV
Oh absolutely it's spam, I figured that much. I just wondered if Apple had a mailbox to forward these types of emails to, like banks do.

Thanks for the reply! I hope no one gets sucked into one of these. I hear about people all the time getting duped by these.

Thanks!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for the link. I got something similar recently. Anyone interested check this thread. The pdf I posted has the original e-mail as well as indications of what sent up the red flags.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)/27iMac .4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor / iPhone5S, iPad 1
I received it too. I clicked on the link and a Fake Apple page opened, My Sophos Security software caught it right away. It was just a picture of the page with the only active link going to a iTunes payment update. I deleted it and changed my PW. The URL was www. grapedoor something
I should not have even open the mail but it looked so real.

M

MacInWin

Security Rule #1. Never click on a link in an email, even if you are 99.99999% sure it's OK. If the email asks you to go to a site, go there yourself if you wish, but don't click the link, ever. Anything you need to see, you can get to directly, without a helpful link from the fisher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
support-client-security (dot)com is not apple.com, so it's not from apple. its probably phishing which is worse than spam.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.