Ipod 5th gen Disk mode

M

MacManc

I am in disk mode and I dont know how to get out of it the screen says
"Disk mode" and then a "check- OK to disconnect" It doesn't seem to want to do anything else. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
this exact thing happened to me last night, i wanted to use my ipod to relax before i went to sleep because i don't like going to sleep stressed out over school and relatioships and other stuff.. so I grab my ipod and its in disk mode.. i tried plugging it into my computer and it did not work.. so i tried plugging it into my laptop and still nothing.. so I held down play and the center button.. still nothing... i did get a solution though.. after 10 minutes of doing everything i know with the ipod..

solution: hold the center button and the menu button.. it goes back into normal mode.

OP
M

MacManc

Ha... awesome thank you so much i was screwing around with it for like 30 minutes... works perfectly thanks a ton i thought i was gonna have to get another ipod.

OP
Z

zachwass2000

All you have to do is reset it which is what PowerBookG4 said, hold down center and menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.