Image, screen size mismatch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
I am finding that the image is consistently larger than the screen. How do adjust settings so that the image is always the same size as the screen.
I have an iMac 10.5.8

Thanks all

George Sweeney

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What screen are you referring to since you didn't tell us which Mac you have? Generally, setting the display to its native resolution will always give the best results. The same applies to an external monitor.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
Thanks for the reply. I have a Mac 10X 10.5.8, with Intel*processor. What, and where, is native resolution? I've set the display to 1024 x 640.
I adjust a given screen size by managing the right-lower corner button, but it isn't a permanent set. How do I get it to be permanent?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you're referring to an iMac running Leopard. It's been a long time since I ran Leopard.... You should be able to open System Preferences, Displays, and set it for best viewing. The current resolution you're using 1024 x 640 is going to make everything seem larger and will likely result in the image going off screen. Use a higher resolution. You'll just have to experiment until you get the correct setting.

If you give us the year and model of your iMac, we can tell you exactly how to set the resolution for best results. (native resolution)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.