plist files and running processes about illegal usage

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Could you please help me about processes on mac os? when we run a program/application on mac os x what happens in mac os? where does the program leave it's traces. I know plist files one of them but is there any places keep the informatin about the running process/program. for example in ubuntu there is sqlite database keeps these kind of traces or info.

I am searching that do i understand some illegal application had been run?

Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Every application does something a little differently. What application are you referring to and what are you trying to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL
I'm not exactly sure what your wanting to find out and I'm not really that knowledgeable about it... but you can open activity monitor and see all the processes running on the mac os. However, not sure that is what your asking.

OP
T
Reaction score
sory for late response an d terrible english.

I have mac pro running mountain lion. i thing someone use a kind of program to take capture image of my harddisk. I want to learn is it possible which program he use or did he erase his traces or program traces. How did he do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
The question is ....... What indications do you have to say that this happened ?
Otherwise we can go on a witch hunt for no reason.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
T
Reaction score
exactly!
that is the question I have wanted to try to ask. which places I can investigate/explore in my mac. if you guide me I wil be very pleased.

thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
you have not answered the below:

The question is ....... What indications do you have to say that this happened ?
Otherwise we can go on a witch hunt for no reason.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
T
Reaction score
sorry my terrible english,

there is two things happend.

1- there is a file in my trash a kind of index file. saying that my harddisk capacity, bad sector, captured data size etc. I wish could not erase it so I can paste it here.

2- and a notification on my screen that is some program was not ended properly.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
From what I understand, it sounds as if you're concerned that someone is spying on you. If that is the case, none of what you posted leads me to believe that you have been hacked or are being spied on. Aside from those two, is there anything that leads you to believe that someone is fooling with your machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.