Geektool 3.1 Uninstall Error

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. Long-time reader, first time poster. Etc. I've been scouring the web and can't seem to find an answer.

I've encountered some problems with geek tool. Namely, I downloaded a .glet that seemed kind of broken. I wasn't able to remove it by merely removing the preferences files, so I decided to uninstall geek tool. The problem is, I can't figure out how to remove it! I deleted the application, deleted the ~/Library/Preferences files, (it looks like there aren't any ~/Library/PreferencePanes files, which is weird.) To test that, I downloaded geek tool again and all of my old geek lets were there.

According to some sites, the included uninstaller is necessary to remove geek tool. Unfortunately, there isn't any uninstaller included with what I downloaded! (http://projects.tynsoe.org/en/geektool/download.php) and the 2.1 uninstaller doesn't work for this version.

I also tried to use AppCleaner, which removed some additional files, but it didn't seem to get the job done.

Please help. I haven't had this computer for a while, so I don't have a time-machine backup yet. I just want to undo what I've done.

The attached picture is all I see when I open the downloaded file. As you can see, it still has my old groups there. It doesn't open to a window with an uninstall option like the old version does.

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 1.59.38 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Look in your Documents for a folder named geeklets or geektool or something like that.
That's where the geeklets are stored. Otherwise uninstall like you did before.
I wouldn't uninstall just because of one geeklet. Just remove the one and go on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.