loading Tiger 10.4 into a wiped imac G4 help please

Reaction score
I know it's nuts using this computer, but it's just for an installation in an art gallery.
So I have a wiped G4 and picked up the install disc on ebay, placed it in the tray and that's it- was hoping it would go from there, nadda.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tell us about the Tiger OS X.4 disc/s? There were two versions of Tiger, powerPC and Intel. To further complicate things the silver/grey system install discs from any other computer, or model, will simply not work.

eBay abounds with these discs which come under a variety of names, all except 'for the original model; only'.

OP
D
Reaction score
picked these up under your advisement I believe. Apple Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" Full Retail Install DVD M9639Z/A

Have restarted holding the option key, now getting to arrows, left arrow in a clockwise circle/ right pointing right, have dble clicked on both, get the spinning clock dial, then nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try rebooting and holding down 'C' to access the Installer. If no joy take up with seller about that 'scuffing'.

Keep us posted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have never heard an iMac optical drive operating but then my hearing is shot. All those actual shots fired lol!!

It could be toast as slot loading optical drives have a very high failure rate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.