Printer not now working with OS X Mavericks

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Epson R1800 printer but after upgrading last night to Mavericks it won`t work. I did get a message along the way re Rosetta Stone but I thought that only applied to certain types of printing apps and not to cause the printer to malfunction completely. Obviously I`m wrong. Could anyone tell me if I will not be able to use this printer from now on on my Mac now or is their anything I can do. I`m a 72 year old pensioner and cannot afford to buy a new printer. Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here are the drivers for Mavericks. That should get you on your way.

OP
B
Reaction score
Driver for R1800 for use with Mavericks

Hi there,
Thanks for pointing me in that direction but when I go there it just says something like detected but I cannot download it. The message I get when I try to open the printer utility is "You can’t open the application “EPSON Printer Utility” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" I have been on to Epson Europe and they gave me a link also but the message there when I try to open it is “EPSON_IJ_Printer” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer and yet they pointed me to that download.
I did the uninstall of my old driver setup so don`t know what to do next.
Really confusing for a 72 year old.
Any further ideas..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For the "unidentified developer" part, you've run into what is called GateKeeper, a security feature designed to prevent certain content from running. You can read more about disabling and re-enabling it here.

If you want, you can temporarily bypass it by right clicking the installer and selecting open. You'll get a warning message but you should be able to run it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Re printer not now working - Mavericks

For the "unidentified developer" part, you've run into what is called GateKeeper, a security feature designed to prevent certain content from running. You can read more about disabling and re-enabling it here.

If you want, you can temporarily bypass it by right clicking the installer and selecting open. You'll get a warning message but you should be able to run it.

Hi there,
Thanks to all above for replying to my problem.

Vansmith = I went to the link you gave me and followed all what they said to do and then reverted back to my old settings in Privacy and lo and behold my printer is now up and running again. Can`t thank you enough for your help in this regard. Really appreciated.
Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.