• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Google Talk Integration Question

K

Keldorek

Hey all, I browsed just a bit for a similar question, but didn't see one. My apologies if this is a "do-over."

Anyway, is anyone else aware that Google is integrating Google Talk into Gmail? Well, it's supposedly still "on its way," but it's already up on my PC and has been for a couple weeks. Down here at my house, I have an iBook G4 with Mac OS X Tiger. At my parents', my mom has a Mac Mini with OS X. We both use the latest edition of Firefox (1.5 -- much improved finally!), and when she (or I) signs into Gmail, the chat is integrated! It works great!

However, on my computer, the laptop, it won't come up no matter what I try. It's a very strange thing! Don't you think? I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere, and I'm really just incredibly curious and anxious for some theories or similar stories.

Thanks all.

OP
K

Keldorek

Well, nevermind, all. Thanks for reading the post, anyway...haha.

Mysteriously, chat just SHOWED UP in Gmail about an hour ago. Very strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Glad to of been a helping hand... (what did I actually do?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.