Time Capsule Network Setup

Reaction score
Can you explain how I can set my Time Capsule up so that it is another device on my home network. I want to only use it as a wireless backup hard drive and no other purpose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
1. Connect your TC to your existing router by ethernet cable.
2. Use Airport Utility on your Mac/PC/iPhone/iPad to connect to the TC
3. Run through the setup wizard and choose manual settings. Choose bridge mode and turn off NAT and DHCP (the exact details will depend on which version or Airport Utility your using and which TC you have)

OP
S
Reaction score
Many thanks for this. At the moment I have my home network and I have the new network from the Time Capsule. It's either or at the moment. If I use the Time Capsule I have to come out of my home network and into the Time Capsule network thus losing my internet connection.

I will follow your guidance and hopefully resolve the issue.

OP
S
Reaction score
It works. Light is green on the Time Capsule and 260 GB of 'stuff" is currently being backed up......and I still have my home network working! Brilliant!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.