Wi-Fi (Ad-Hoc) Sharing to iPad (mini) Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (2012 i7 13") & iPad (mini)
Hi guys, a few days ago my always reliable Ad-Hoc WiFi Internet sharing from my MacBook Pro (2012) to iPad has completely broken... I've tried restarting both devices, changing the WiFi channel & password, etc. with no joy. I just disabled the WiFi security entirely & have managed to get my iPad (mini) to connect, but the Internet connection is very slow & intermittent at best... My iOS version is 7.0.4 (11B554a) which has been current for some months... I Jailbroke my device (using the official evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak) for the first time, but that was also a good month ago & I haven't made any changes to 'Cydia' or its sources et al. Has anyone experienced the same problem or can point me in the right direction; info or forum post wise (I've been searching for a solution all day)? Many thanks in advance for your time & help with this issue... Cheers, mez

OP
mezcalsonics
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No joy - moving it to the OS X forum... mez

OP
mezcalsonics
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, it would, but there are particular situations/scenarios where sharing my connection Ad-Hoc styles over WiFi is much more suitable. It had been working perfectly for the past 12 months & then all of a sudden, blah... I'd kind of like to know why for future reference.... It bothers me when something that works then stops working... Thanks anyway though, mez

OP
mezcalsonics
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS. I miss living in Vancouver - spent two years up in Powell River too. I love you're country - very similar in some ways to Australia... Cheers, mez

OP
mezcalsonics
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After an OS X iTunes update yesterday everything is back to working normally... Problem Solved!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.