Bluetooth Devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 27" i7 iMac iPad Air iPhone 6 iPod Classic Sierra
I recently added an Apple Numeic Keypad to my late 2011 iMac. This means there are now four devices connected wirelessly to the iMac, the keyboard, trackpad, mouse and now the numeric keypad.
When I go in to System preferences to check on the state of battery charges in these devices the keyboard, track pad and mouse all appear but the numeric keypad doesn't even though it is obviously connected since it works. Is there a limit to the number of wireless devices that will show up in System Preference? If there isn't how can I 'make' the numeric keypad appear?

Thanks in anticipation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Unusual question however SP may be able to determine only one keyboard. If the numeric is your gig just use it and put the other in a drawer with the batteries removed. For what it is worth after using the trackpad, the MM also went into the drawer along with wired kb and mouse as backups.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does it show that its connected under Bluetooth? Have you looked in some of the other System Preferences? Maybe trackpad? or mouse?

It would help if you posted OS version.

My apologies I am using OSX 10.9.1.

In answer to your question it states that YourType Wireless Keypad is connected, however does not show the state of the battery for that device while it does for the others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not familiar with YourType at all however the Apple Trackpad sure shows battery level with OS X.9.1.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are the "Others" all products made by Apple, while the Keypad is not made by Apple? I know when I use my Jabra Bluetooth headphones, it doesn't show the battery state for them. In your original post, I thought you meant it was a Numeric Keypad made by Apple. It would be up to the manufacturer to include that in the software for the Keypad.

All the Bluetooth devices are Apple products. The Track Pad and Numeric Keypad were bought at an Apple store.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS

This is what appears in the System Preferences and Bluetooth respectively:

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.38.18 am.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.38.35 am.png

As you can see the Keypad does not appear in the Device list but is there in the Bluetooth list but without a battery indicator.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you ferrar that is indeed the case. In my naivety I thought that because it looked like the other Apple devices and was bought in an Apple store it was in fact Apple. A case of if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it isn't necessarily a duck. I will stop worrying about it now.

I must admit that I haven't experienced the connection problems mentioned in the other review.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you are talking about one of our platypus Wardy quacking and looking etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.