Late 2013 27" iMac crashing

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is quite interesting indeed especially that one post about Logic board causing the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 (11,3), 32GB RAM, 480GB SSD, 2 TB HD, Logitech Mac KB, Trackpad, 2 USB ext HDD (8 tb)
Next I would try getting rid of Chrome, a known problematic browser, and substituting Firefox or IE. I don't use Chrome because of its reputation for unexpected events.

OP
D
Reaction score
This was happening before I installed Chrome, that was only a couple of weeks ago. It freezes even if Chrome isn't open.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@DPOC:

I think it's time to make an appointment with your local Apple Store genius bar and have them run their diagnostics on the machine. If it's a Logic Board problem, they'll very likely swap out the machine for a new one. There's no way that all those memory modules could be bad. I've had two iMacs now, the latest being the same as yours, and adding memory to them was a piece of cake albeit a little tough on my thumbs with the 21.5" model.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Next I would try getting rid of Chrome, a known problematic browser, and substituting Firefox or IE. I don't use Chrome because of its reputation for unexpected events.

Problematic in what way? I've been using Chrome on every Mac I've owned including my current iMac and have never had a problem with it. Your statement above about using IE is ridiculous since IE has not been compatible with OS X now for years.... You've got Windows on your mind maybe? ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
@DPOC:

I think it's time to make an appointment with your local Apple Store genius bar and have them run their diagnostics on the machine. If it's a Logic Board problem, they'll very likely swap out the machine for a new one. There's no way that all those memory modules could be bad. I've had two iMacs now, the latest being the same as yours, and adding memory to them was a piece of cake albeit a little tough on my thumbs with the 21.5" model.

I 100% agree and 2nd this advise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.