Music files download in iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Hello folks,

New years's greetings to all ! Is there any other way to download music files in the iPad iTunes other than using a laptop ?

My MacBook OS is very old and is unable to connect iPad through iTunes.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can download music from the iTunes store directly to your iPad, including past purchases.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Thanks mrplow,

Actually have songs on the iTunes macbook which I need to transfer it to the iPad. Your option can be availed but it is chargeable. Is there any other option which i am unaware of ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry, little confusion with you saying 'download'.

Have a look at Sharepod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, just for info. The MacBook in your specs is capable of running the latest version of iTunes and connecting to iPad. It could do with a ram upgrade but it's more than capable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks mrplow,

Actually have songs on the iTunes macbook which I need to transfer it to the iPad. Your option can be availed but it is chargeable. Is there any other option which i am unaware of ?

Well, just one (likely of several) suggestions other than following Mrplow's advice to upgrade to the latest iTunes and use a cabled sync operation.

I own the AirStash - a little device that sets up its own personal Wi-Fi network and exchanges files (photos, music, video - can stream, also) using SD cards, i.e. music could be loaded onto the device from a laptop and then streamed or downloaded to an iPad - will cost a few bucks but check out the reviews in the link and also search for the manual online which is excellent. The Apotop Wi-Reader is yet another choice. Good luck - Dave

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Can upgrade to 10.6 for $20.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Dave & Bobtomay,

That device looks cool, as for upgrading OS I am looking to replace my lappy sooner or later. So just didn't feel like putting a penny into it.

Which is why I am looking for alternatives to transfer music files. Just guessing that air stash device is only good for iOS, if I choose to buy anything other than Apple it may not work ?

Anyways really appreciate your time and reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks Dave & Bobtomay,

That device looks cool, as for upgrading OS I am looking to replace my lappy sooner or later. So just didn't feel like putting a penny into it.

Which is why I am looking for alternatives to transfer music files. Just guessing that air stash device is only good for iOS, if I choose to buy anything other than Apple it may not work ?

Anyways really appreciate your time and reply.

Well not sure about using the AirStash on other platforms - like I said there is an app on my iPad - if interested, you'll need to check their website and/or manual to see if other non-Apple options exist. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.