Monitor recommendations?

bpe

Reaction score
I currently have a late year 2013 Macbook Pro Retina (13") and am looking for recommendations for a 2nd monitor. It would primarliy be used as a second screen for work, but will also be used to edit photos and video from Aperture/Final Cut Pro.

I looked at the Apple Thuinderbolt displays, but othe than the high price, the 27" is too large for the space I'll be using. Does anybody have any recommendations on which monitors work/integrate best with the Macbook? Any monitors to avoid?

Also, given the varied ports you can use to connect the monitor, which offers the best response and image reproduction?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini 2.5 ghz i5, 16 GB RAM, 960 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD (5200 RPM)
As long as you don't care about the screen resolution there are tons of options as pigoo3 pointed out. The Thunderbolt display is great in that it has crazy good resolution however 1080p is still very good.

I use this monitor:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG S24C350HL Glossy Black 23.6" 5ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 Mega Infiniti DCR (1000:1)

with my Mac Mini and it is fairly fabulous. The rMBP has an HDMI port standard so virtually any 1080p monitor with HDMI will work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.