Moving Microsoft Office to Macbook Pro with flashdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Copying Microsoft Office to Macbook Pro w/ Flash Drive

I recently got a new macbook pro with retina display, great computer, but I need Microsoft office as i am a student and many classes involve specific functions only in word, powerpoint, excel. I am pretty broke and decided to get office by copying it from a friends non-retina macbook pro. I went into finder>applications and copied the entire office folder onto a flash drive (was about 1.1 gb total). I then plugged the flash drive into my computer, copied the folder into applications and tried to run word, only to find it gives me a message reading "The Office for Mac installation did not complete successfully because there was a problem with the installer, to fix the issue, please reinstall Office for Mac." This happens on every office application, and when i push the "ok" button on the pop-up it just sits there and doesn't load any screen or anything. It says Word in the top bar and has all the options greyed out under all the tabs. Any way i can edit a file or install something to get these to work. Thanks ahead of time!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

As a new member of our forums, I draw your attention to our Community Rules which you can find at my signature line. Please read through them thoroughly. We do not condone any form of piracy or illegal copying of software. This thread will be closed and you will receive no assistance from us.

I advise you to purchase a legal copy of MS Office or you can download one of several free Office packages: LibreOffice, OpenOffice.

Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.