13" 2013 rMBP: video/audio issues

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought my rMBP on jan 5, 2014. I have been using for the last week and encountered various audio and video issues when using iTunes or youtube. Typically, the video starts out fine, but then the audio starts to "crackle" and the video starts to "stutter". All these problems are resolvable by simply restarting, but a simple program restart will not do the trick. This randomly occurs and I'm not sure if its either a hardware or software problem. The OS is up-to-date, and so is the flash running in Safari and Chrome. I should also note that I viewed YouTube videos in both browsers and it occurred in both cases. What should I do? I am within the 14 day return policy.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What's your ISP connection speed? If the problem persists with iTunes and YouTube videos, I would return the machine. It might be software but there's always the chance that it might be a hardware problem. If you're within the 14 day return, why take a chance?

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the prompt reply! Currently, I am on a cable connection with 13.77Mbps. Thanks for the recommendation, I will go forward with the return.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.