Now i am really angry!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
My DVD drive is NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! This is after AppleCare already replaced the DVD in this iMac!!! They also replaced a video drive and repaired the operating system! Now I have to go back to AppleCare tomorrow because the DVD drive is not working again!!! I am seriously annoyed and disappointed with Apple!! I am losing faith in the Apple Brand! I am going to demand Apple gives me a new Apple iMac!! Can you blame me? I only have until May of this year before my Apple care runs out! I am sure that they have all my records in their AppleCare system to see how many times I went in, right? This is pathetic!!! If they do replace my iMac how can I make sure they delete everything on my hard drive. Man, this is disappointing! This DVD is going to be do back to the library in a week.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am seriously annoyed and disappointed with Apple!! I am losing faith in the Apple Brand!

I understand your frustration. But just think how disappointed you would be if you were dealing with just about any other computer manufacturer.;)

- Nick

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
After logging out and turning off my apple for 30 seconds, and placing everything on my desktop in the documents folder, the DVD drive worked again. So, it's working again. But I am still not comfortable with this. I am going to still bring this iMac to the AppleStore and suggest I get a new iMac. Do you think this is a smart move?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
That's great to hear.:)

I don't know what your level of "computer savviness" is. But you have to realize that using a computer (even a Mac) isn't just about turning it on & turning it off.

There are some basic computer troubleshooting and maintenance things every Mac computer owner should know (but don't). This is where a large percent of questions on Mac-Forums come from.

There are also "good" computing habits and "bad" computing habits.

What I'm basically trying to say is…it's very possible many issues that Mac computer owners (or any computer owners) run into can be their own doing. Either due to bad computing habits or being unaware of how to troubleshoot their computer or do some basic maintenance.

Did I learn these things overnight…no. But anyone unaware & interested...needs to start somewhere.:)

Bottom line. Computer issues (software or hardware) are not automatically the fault of the manufacturer. Many of these issues can originate with the user.;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am going to still bring this iMac to the AppleStore and suggest I get a new iMac. Do you think this is a smart move?

Whether or not it's a smart move is for you to determine. And I don't think Apple will give you a new iMac just because they replaced the DVD drive. I recently had a hard drive replaced in my 2011 iMac which was still covered by Apple Care. I guess I should have asked them to give me a new iMac instead? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well if the iMac is running Lion as per your avatar it is getting on for two years old and do not think you will get a replacement. If you have AppleCare keep a close eye on the optical drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
If you have a "relationship" with Apple - having bought multiple products from them over the years ($!) - then it's possible they will replace the entire unit. Like service from a new car dealer: they will bend over backwards if you are a regular customer. Let us know how it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.