Registering IRIS software

Reaction score
I bought a very nice small portable scanner from IRIS. It comes with ReadIRIS software.( now in my dock) This has to be registered before I can use it. I have registered it several times (I think) and it says it was successful. The software still won't open as it says administrator rights are required.

IRIS have sent me advice which says "Verify and repair the disk permission with disk utility." When I open disk utility it asks me to select a disk. the only disk listed is Mac hard-drive. I have tried repairing this. How do I select the IRIS software so that I can repair and verify it? Please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you enter Disk Utility, select your Macintosh HD on the left, then on the right select repair disk permissions. That should take care of it, if in fact it's a permissions problem.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for this response. I have done as advised - no joy. I am beginning to wonder whether I really have registered the right device or whether I am now registered as the possessor of four or five different devices! I will pursue IRIIS again in the morning - they don't reply unless I ring them first and even then not always.
Many thanks for your help

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try right click on it to open it.

If you are running OS X 10.9, after you try double click, you can then open System Preferences - Security & Privacy - on the General tab, you should see an option there to open the 3rd party app in question - you may or may not have to enter your admin password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.