TFTP Server (MAC OS X Mavericks)

Reaction score
Trying to switch from a Windows OS to the MAC OS X for my techs. This weekend I have run into a problem using one of our new MAC Book pro's and I can't find an answer for it. I am hoping that this community can help give me some direction.

The problem is with our SSH2 application and TFTP server. We have a lot of scripts for our SSH2 application. These scripts just open a SSH2 connection to our switches and then TFTP the startup config file back to the laptop of the tech that initiated the script. We have hundreds of switches and these scripts are just to grab backup switch configurations.

The SSH2 app works great. We are having trouble with the TFTP server. The app we use for the TFTP server always shows an error the it can not bind to UDP port 69 and I simply don't know why...... We did find info that showed the MAC OS X had a TFTP server by default and there was a GUI that could be downloaded that made working with default TFTP server easy. We can't use the default MAC OS X TFTP server because in order for a client to put a file on the server the file must already exist. We have hundreds of switches that the scripts will grab the startup file from and each startup file is uniquely named when the file is put on the TFTP server.

This is a big hurdle for us to get over so we can switch to our MAC's full time. Does anyone know of a good TFTP app we can use. It can be aphid for app we just need to be able to have the client have read, write and create ability on the MAC......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.