firewire 9-4 for MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I am trying to export video from a Panasonic AG-DVC15 via the DV output, via a Belkin FireWire 9-4 Pin Cable, to my MacBook Pro. I am not getting any kind of recognition that the port is functioning. Please Hel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi!
Not sure if I can help but here is my 2 cents worth!

I have a macbook pro that I use to capture live video weekly. I use an apple cable with a 4-pin firewire male (for canopus or camera) to thunderbolt end for the port on my mac. Works great. I don't use the firewire port on the mac because the thunderbolt port is faster. I use premiere pro cs6 to capture video from a Canopus ADCV 300 video converter. I also capture from a Sony DCR-VX2100.

You don't give any information about your mac's specs or if you have ever been successful capturing before with this mac and the cable you have. Also what the program is that you are using to capture. More information might help me give you more specifics.

I will tell you I have found mac's are picky when it come to cables. I have always use apple cables for capturing and had no problem. Just an idea. I can't imagine your program would not recognize the firewire as most video editing programs will recognize firewire connections.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.