Can anyone help with this bootup error

Reaction score
When I boot up it shows the apple logo then this appears in front of it. I thought it could be the ram but I tried taking one out and using the other, and vise versa but no luck, same problem. I know what I'm doing with pc's but it's a whole different story with this.
It's a MacBook Pro. But it's a friends and the writing has rubbed off the bottom so I can't tell you what model I know it's 4gb ram 750gb HDD, sorry to be vague.

2s0lqc0.jpg

Thanks
Tom

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Re-submit your question but this time make sure you provide the photo right side up so we don't have to stand on our heads to read it. And, Welcome to the Mac Forums.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea the image is the right way round? And thanks, I was hoping for some help as well please

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It's interesting that the image is getting flipped, but anyway the error is

"Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI...." something, can you please write out that entire line.

One possibility is some sort of corruption of the HD that is preventing the boot up..

M

MacInWin

Maybe the picture IS right side up and the problem is flipping the screen as well? One never knows.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yea sorry about the whole image thing, maybe it has something to do with my being on my ipad.

The entire line says

"Unable to find driver for is platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/sourceCache/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1514

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry I made a mistake

Unable to find driver for is platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/sourceCache/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1514

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What version of OS X was on this thing? If it was at least Lion, an you hold down CMD+r while powering on to see if you can get into the Recovery Console. If it was prior to that, you'll need the original OS X disc to get back into the recovery..

If you can get back into the recovery console, try to run a disk repair through Disk Utility to see if that will do anything to help this..

Otherwise, you might have to go through a re-installation to get back in business.

Hopefully your friend has been backing up their data through Time Machine or some other scheme..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.