wireless router for mac mini

Reaction score
I would like to get an inexpensive, reliable, easy to install wireless router for a mav mini. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

TP Link W8980 is a dual band modem/router and is reasonably priced. And do not double post. moderators do not like this at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I would like to get an inexpensive, reliable, easy to install wireless router for a mav mini. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Well you've received one recommendation but there are so many and most are inexpensive - you might want to tell us about your needs, e.g. how many 'devices' do you need to cable to a router & what Wi-Fi traffic are you needing (e.g. I have about 8-9 Wi-Fi devices on my network @ the moment - MBPro, iPads, iPod, HDTV, Rokus, & a Bluray player) - so let us know and the comments will be more specific.

Now another consideration which I ran into last spring in transitioning to Apple products - I bought a new iMac and just could not get it working w/ a Cisco 802.11n router, so decided on an Apple AirPort Extreme which worked fine - just saying that sometimes sticking w/ the same company might provide better compatibility, so I would suggest that you look also at the AirPort Express which is Apple's least expensive router but might just be right for you; SO, gather up a list as the posts come in and enlighten us a little more about your own - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.